Art of Sketchbook - Yvonne Yong, Game Concept Artist, E-One Studio
1. Please introduce yourself, tell us where you are from and how you started as a digital artist?
I am a game concept artist. I plan and create art assets for a local Indie game company in Malaysia called E-One Studio. I started this career because I love playing computer games ever since I was a kid, which later created a passion in create digital games.
2. Have you always wanted to be a digital artist in your life?
No. I've always wanted to be a comic artist, because I love comics too. However, things have changed as I realized that making games is what I really wanted during my college years.
3. Outside of creating art, what are your other hobbies and passions?
I play a lot of computer games, whenever I have the time. I also love playing Warhammer 40k tabletop, collecting miniatures and painting them.
4. Tell us about your latest project/artwork.
We have just released two games last month - Hoodwink and Split. I love working in a team to create games for people. We can learn so much from it! Hoodwink is a point and click adventure game, which we have been working on for the past two years. It's always amazing to see something you've dreamt about become a reality. Hoodwink is now available for download exclusively on Origin for three months. If you love humour, you will love this game.
5. What influences your work and the style of digital art that you create?
What I play influences me. There is so much to learn from games, movies, animations and the list goes on. Currently, I'm very much inspired by the art in Diablo III. I hope to be able to work on something similar to Diablo III one day.
6. What hardware/software do you use to create your artwork?
I use mainly Adobe Photoshop for creating concept art and textures.
7. How has the Lenovo Ideapad U310 Ultrabook helped you?
One of the best aspects of this Lenovo Ideapad U310 Ultrabook is its weight. Being mobile with my Lenovo Ideapad U310 Ultrabook allows me to draw anytime anywhere. This has evidently increase my productivity in producing digital art. Now I can always have access to my work whenever there are any urgent amendments needed to be done.
8. So what do you like about the Lenovo Ideapad U310 Ultrabook?
Lenovo Ideapad U310 Ultrabook is 13.3inch and weighs at only 1.7kg with 3rd gen Intel core processor, up to 9 hours battery life. It also comes in the windows Enhance Experience version 3; allowing fast boot ups and shut downs.
9. What is your favourite feature of the Lenovo U310 Ultrabook?
My Lenovo Ideapad U310 Ultrabook comes with i5 processor, and 4GB RAM. There is no lagging when doing my work because it's so powerful. I just love how fast and efficient it is!